In addtion to responding to various consultations, the Academy has also supported a number of organisations in the publication of research into computing education at all levels.
We have also produced a variety of position papers and updates on activities relating to it's core objectives.
A selection of these can be found below.
- Computer Science in the EBacc. We have recently published a report making the case for Computer Science to feature as an option in the English Baccalaureate performance measure. More information or Download the report
- Why computing education is important. Published by the Academy this position paper makes the case for an improved focus on computing education and demonstrates the importance of computing to industry in the UK. Download the report
- Shut down or restart? - The way forward for computing in UK schools. Published by The Royal Society in January 2012 this report has had a significant influence on the debate regarding ICT and computing education in schools. The Academy and it's partners contributed a considerable amount of time and expertise into the evidence gathering and writing of this important report. As part of our strategic information pack, the Academy also provided an executive summary of the report to every state maintained secondary school in England. Read the report
- E4E response to the national curriculum review. BCS is a member of Education for Engineering (E4E) along with many other engineering-related organisations. In addition to submitting it's own response the national curriculum review, we also provided input to E4E's response. Download the E4E response
- The Fuse - Igniting high growth for creative, digital and IT industries in the UK. This influential report was published by the Council for Industry and Higher Education (CIHE) and made the case for giving creative, digital and IT subjects equal priority with STEM subjects. Download the report
- Bridging the gap between industry, universities and schools. Published by the Academy this report provides an update of our activities in relation to our core objectives. Download the report