There are a wealth of resources and events produced a variety of organisations to support the computing community. These range from regular competitions to notifications of conferences and calls for papers.
A selection of these can be found below. If there are any further resources that you are aware of that could be featured on this site please email us with details.
If you have an event that you would like to promote you can submit it to our calendar via the events page.
Academic accreditation - best practice
During our visits to institutions we find many examples best practice. Please visit our academic accreditation pages to see these examples.
Computing in schools
- The Computing At School website includes 1000s of resources created by teachers for teachers.
- Our Barefoot Computing project is creating a range of resources aimed at supporting primary teachers to deliver the computing curriculum.
- The QuickStart Computing project is creating a a series of 'out of the box' materials to support both primary and secondary computing teachers.
- With CAS we have created a computational thinking framework that provides examples of how the subject could be taught in the classroom.
- We have created an online diagnostic tool to help teachers understand their subject knowledge needs.
- With the Royal Society of Edinburgh we have created a set of teaching materials for computer science.
- National Cipher Challenge is an annual schools code-breaking competition. This event is sponsored by the Academy.
- Cyber Security Challenge UK run regular competitions designed to raise awareness of cyber security learning and career opportunities for all ages.
- IEEEXtreme is a global programming challenge for students run by the IEEE.
- ACM - International Collegiate Programming Contest is a global team-based competition aimed at universoty students.
- The ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming runs an annual team-based programming contest aimed at anyone with an interest.
- MIT 6.470 Web Programing Competition is an annual event aimed at beginners and experts alike.
- Animation 13 is an annual computer animation competition for schools run by the University of Manchester.
- Codechef is a competitive programming community aimed at aspiring programmers.
- IBM Undergraduate Business Competition is an annual event designed to develop employability, enterprise and entrepreneurship skills in students.
Events and calls for papers
- Campus Party is an annual technology festival and LAN party featuring lectures, workshops, competitions and hackathons.
- WikiCFP is an excellent online resource listing calls for papers in the science and technology fields.
- Code Club is a network of volunteer-led after school coding clubs for children aged 9-11. Code Club is looking for enthusiastic programmers to run after school clubs in their local areas. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Code Club directly.